Vintage Cakes: Timeless Recipes for Cupcakes, Flips, Rolls, Layer, Angel, Bundt, Chiffon, and Icebox Cakes for Today's Sweet Tooth - Julie Richardson (based on advance reading copy)I had high expectations for this book as soon as I saw it, since Rustic Fruit Desserts is one of my favorite cookbooks and sees more use than most. I've given a dozen or copies to friends - it's that good!So far I've made two recipes from this book, and the third is in the oven right now. First I made the Wacky Cake, because I've been baking Wacky Cake for as long as I can remember, from a recipe handed down from my first babysitter, a Maine neighbor who was 73 when I was born. I was pleased to find only one small difference in the recipe (the amount of cocoa powder). It was a hoot to find a recipe for it in a book. Not surprisingly, it was delicious.Last weekend I made the Rhubarb Pudding Cake, which I'd never heard of before, while visiting a fellow rhubarb devotee. With its super-moist, dense cake and fruity jam-like topping, it has a wonderful texture (sort of like cake with pie filling on top) and richness without the extra step of making frosting. I'll be making this one again soon!Now I've got the Blueberry Cornmeal Skillet Cake in the oven, and it smells divine. I'll update this review as I try more recipes.10/22/12 - That Blueberry Cornmeal Skillet Cake was divine! I also made the Ozark Pudding Cake when I had pears galore a few weeks ago - another success!